Ledgewood, NJ 07852
Micrologic Associates is in search of a self-directed and experienced Controller to oversee all financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work environment.
The Controller will be an important strategic resource to the company. The Controller will manage the accounting department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist the CEO and COO in making educated financial and economic decisions about the company’s future.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits
- Oversee the activities of the company’s human resources activities for the processing of accurate and timely policy and procedure compliance, maintenance of proper documentation, and employee insurance claim support
- Oversee the activities of the payables department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payable processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance
- Plan and coordinate periodic physical inventory and reconcile results. Analyze and reconcile raw material and finished goods inventories with a focus on eliminating physical count variances.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, quarter and year-end payroll closing.
- Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of annual budgets, with input from the management team, and quarterly forecasts to assure management has timely and accurate tools which will grant an understanding of the company’s progress, provide management with a timely vision of the company’s course and allow management to make timely course adjustments
- Manage payroll operations and accounting
- Participate in Safely assessment and compliance with a focus on reducing insurance liability and premiums
- Participate in the pricing activities of the sales department to assure proper information is being utilized to determine profitable pricing
- Oversee the ordering of materials used in production, the production costing activities and reports of the production and shipping departments to assure proper sales reports and cost accounting for all production activities
- Coordinate with outside CPA firm to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking a full advantage of all favorable tax codes. Prepare all federal, state and local tax forms
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value
- Drive cost control and positive trends on EBITA
- Ensure all costs and profits are recorded properly and reported on a monthly basis
- Preparing for audits, payrolls, budgets
- Provide financial analysis as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or related discipline (advanced degree is a plus)
- 3+ years finance experience
- Prior experience as a Controller
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- CPA with tax planning experience
- Audit and compliance experience preferred
- Expertise with QuickBooks and Excel
- Strong ethics, credibility and integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills